Do you want to take your place and leave a mark on Papilon, who is passionate about the future?
Papilon develops biometric security systems, especially fingerprint, face and iris recognition, with its knowledge and experience gained over 10 years, and manufactures own hardware technology. Also Papilon is a “Biometrics Technology Center” with R&D and innovation efforts in Turkey.
We are seeking for Computer Vision Scientist with PhD who will take a part in the new technologies that we are developing in our R&D and Innovation Center.
How should our workfellow be?
• PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or another quantitative field
• At least 5 years of experience in either technical, professional or academic,
• Past research interest and/or reputable publications and articles that comprise the Web of Science Core Collection and covered by Q1, Q2, Q3 or Q4 (except articles and papers that produced from graduate thesis) and/or patents, utility models and designs in selected research disciplines,
• An understanding of machine learning, algorithms and computational complexity,
• Experience in understanding and ability to implement algorithms in computer vision using both toolkits and self-developed code,
• Skills with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language,
• Strong knowledge of object and pattern recognition (preferably face, fingerprint, iris or things related with biometrics and security), object tracking, object classification and Visual Odometry (VO).
• Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members,
• Eager to learn field of biometrics and keep up to date with the latest development software technologies
• Excellent command of written and verbal English,
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
What do we expect?
• Serve as a researcher in the computer vision, embedded systems and software disciplines,
• Be a part of AI team and work at various AI and computer vision projects,
• Apply Machine Learning concepts to large dataset,
• Work with agile development methodologies,
• Work closely with Data Engineers and Domain experts,
• Implement all research duty inside the scope of related technologies,
• Develop proof of concept solutions to research problems,
• Continuously investigate state-of-the-art, such as; products, market, exhibitions, all academic publishes and patents in engineering disciplines, and preparing reports to inform colleagues,
• Managing and initializing projects which require high-level computer vision and embedded software knowledge
• Mentoring R&D and manufacturing departments,
• Able to offer courses in a corporate university program,
• Generate high-quality proposals, publications and/or patents at national and international levels,
• Coordinates project proposal preparation for research funds (TUBITAK and various EU funds),
Do the qualifications above match with you? Do you believe that you can fulfill with job description? What do you waiting for being our new workfellow?
We look forward to applying you to our “Computer Vision Scientist with PhD” position!
NOTE: It is a full time position. There should be no military obligation for male candidates or delayed at least for 2 years. The position is also open to foreign citizens.